Subject: Re: backups to CD?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Kaegi <kgc@zhwin.ch>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/09/2001 16:29:16
On 2001.04.09 09:58, Steve Bellovin wrote:
> How do people write backups to CDs?  More precisely, given the need for
> things like cdrecord, is there any easy easy to use dump/restore's
> volume-switching abilities when writing to CDs?  (Even CDs are
> marginal, given the disks I need to back up, but I experienced two
> near-death experience with my laptop in the space of three days, and I
> have to do *something* better...)

I use a datafile, which contains names of directories/files, and
a script which creates an ISO image and burns it to CD-R[W].

As the capacity of CDs is limited to 700MB, I watch over the
size of the data the datafile points to myself, and create several
datafiles if needed.

I can send you the scripts, if you want

Chris

Christoph Kaegi                                           kgc@zhwin.ch