Subject: Re: what i see ;) port-s390
To: None <wojtek@3miasto.net>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/07/2001 23:10:36
On Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 12:14:20AM +0200, wojtek@3miasto.net wrote:
> > >is there architecture info somewhere?
> >
> > I bet there is, or do you think IBM doesn't advertise their products?
> searched about 2 hours. only found comparisions between older/other s/390
> machines.
>
> i think there is no comparision to other processors (in specints
> etc.) just because they will look poor.

My bet would be that mainframers don't ask for SPECints or whatnot.
I don't have any hard evidence of this but I can say that the mainframe
people on the listservs are, um, a different kind of person. That's
not an insult. Red and blue are different colors too.

It is very hard to explain. The culture is totally totally different.
--
"A method for inducing cats to exercise consists of directing a beam of
invisible light produced by a hand-held laser apparatus onto the floor ...