Subject: Re: what i see ;) port-s390
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net>
From: Matthias Buelow <mkb@mukappabeta.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/06/2001 17:51:55
wojtek@wojtek.3miasto.net writes:

>who would use that? if someone is so crazy to pay millions for computer
>surely is not interested to get free OS

I know of companies who have bought (probably used) S/390 machines
for running linux on them (they have no interest in OS/390), they say
the hardware is ultra stable and reliable and they obviously can run
several instances of the operating system in the 390's virtual machine
architecture.  I've heard that AIX can be run on them also but some
people prefer to go with the linux hype obviously.

mkb