Subject: Re: some basic questions from Linux user
To: Marcin Szczepaniak <szczepan@szczepan.from.pl>
From: Emre Yildirim <emre.yildirim@us.army.mil>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 04/04/2001 10:59:22
On Wednesday 04 April 2001 01:54 US Central Time, Marcin Szczepaniak
wrote:

> - on my router i'm using tools for monitoring network traffic,
>   such as iptraf. Is avalaible any equivalent for NetBSD ?

/usr/pkgsrc/mrtg, or maybe /usr/pkgsrc/www/webalizer for http stats

> - i have read about KAME project. There is written, that it runs
>   on NetBSD 1.5 and it can be used for tuning network traffic
>   on routers. What's the name of tool used to settig this up,
>   which manual should i read ?

You are probably talking about ALTQ.  man altqd, man altq.conf

> - why there isn't killall ? :)

That's a 'linux thing' not really a 'unix thing' ...
You can use kill -9 `ps -ax|grep <process name>| awk '{print $1}'`

:-)