Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?X_on_a_Toshiba_port=E9g=E9_7140_ct?=
To: None <>
From: Erwin Lansing <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/26/2001 11:40:23
Installing X on a laptop always seems to give enough fun to fill a whole
weekend, but I finally made it work on a Toshiba 7140 CT, and here's

It is said not to work with X v3, so I installed X 4.0.2 from source
( and mirrors). Some searches on google gave me a
XF86Config-file, but that used a fbdev-driver which seems to depend on a
linux kernelmodule. It does however also work with the toshiba-driver,
but only in 8 bpp 480x360. Including HorizSync and RefreshRate removed
this problem.

So I ended up with the XF86Config file found at

and /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc containing:
exec X -depth 16 :0

Erwin Lansing 		--

"Computers are useless. They only give you answers"
	-- Pablo Picasso