Subject: Re: ipf or ipnat
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/19/2001 00:38:09
On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 09:02:59PM -0800, Andrei Zaitsau wrote:
> Is there is a way I can redirect websites?
> For example user on 192.168.0.16 tries to open www.microsoft.com
> But I want to open www.netbsd.org on his computer instead www.microsoft.com
> Can anyone tell me how would I do that?

You need a proxy inbetween 192.168.0.16 and the 'net. The proxy should
rewrite URLs so that when a request is changed the proper headers get
changed as well. Otherwise you get breakage.

I think you can slip the proxy in between without having to configure
apps. I don't actually have the trick handy but it does involve ipf
and perhaps ipnat.

"Nonbelievers found it difficult to defend their position in \
    the presense of a working computer." -- a DEC Jensen paper