Subject: Re: Using Metricom under NetBSD?
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/13/2001 10:31:36
> Michael Graff <> made the USB Metricom work with the
> umodem driver -- and I assume the PCMCIA model just looks like a normal
> PCMCIA modem.

The PCMCIA card is made by Sierra Wireless.  Sierra has another
slightly older PCMCIA card for CPDP (cellular).  That card is
essentially a "win-modem" with no documentation for running under
anything but a few mutant strains of "the-evil-os".  It would be nice
to hear that Sierra changed their tune for the Metricom card, but I
wouldn't bank on it.

Now having thought about it, if it works under netbsd, I want one!

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.