Subject: netboot prob: nfs_open fails
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: BrownM03 <BrownM03@bigpond.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/12/2001 19:12:57
Hi all, wondered if some of you might be able to help me out.
I've got a vax (oops...I figured this was a non-vax specific question:),
which netboots (in theory).
I have a 486dx40 running netbsd 1.4.2 which I am using as my netboot
server.
When the vax is started, it seems to obtain it's IP and name via bootp
correctly.
(I've used bootptab on the dx40), and it knows it's root addr & path,
HOWEVER, an error occurs with nfs.

This is the output on the vax's terminal at startup:

Trying BOOTP
sing IP address: 192.168.0.100
myip: marvin (192.168.0.100)
root addr=192.168.0.40 path=/usr/export/marvin/root
nfs_open: must mount first.
open netbsd: Device not configured
(and so on ... as it tries all the "netbsd.xx" variations)

What have I done wrong?

ps.
    1. lots of mountd processes start up ... but never die (and dont want
to!)
    2. my bios date was 2094! Changed manually ... but still errors.
    3. I used to be able to locally mount an nfs exported home. But that
isn't
        working anymore either :(.