Subject: Re: what to do after a crash
To: Manuel Bouyer <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/10/2001 23:43:50
On 10-Mar-01 Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I see this at work occasionally: on short power outage, the newer PCs with
> ATX power supplies reboots, but the older one (with AT PS) or sparc
> don't.

I've noticed this on various power supplies before.  Some power supplies can
run for quite some time with no power.  Before I ran unix (read: cared about
thinks like fsck) I used to be able to move the power cord to a different
outlet about 4/5 times without losing the machine.  (not one far away.. less
than a second)..  Some of my older machines wouldn't survive any minor power

I'm guessing it has to do with how many capacitors are in there and the size of

Tim Rightnour <>
NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS
NetBSD supported hardware database: