Subject: SSH Portforwarding FTP
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Sindhu <satan@ucanmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/10/2001 12:52:34
Ello,

I have been able to port forward telnet, ssh and many different ports using
ssh -L and -R...but I was wondering is there a way to port forward ftp?

Here's the scenario:

Firewall only allows access from outside to port 22
All internal traffic( i.e. outgoing) is sent out.

The internal machine is running Sun OS 5.7 ftp server, which talks to the
firewall. I do not wish to open ports 21/20 on the firewall, so lets say I
forward sun's box port 21 to port 14000 of the firewall...will it work?
What about ftp-data?

I know I can do it trivially using ipf/ipnat...but wondering if I can do
this with ssh...

Any ideas? Flames?:-)

Regards

-Kevin

-- Man is the only animal that can remain on friendly terms with
the
-- victims he intends to eat until he eats them.
                                 -- Samuel Butler (1835-1902)