Subject: Re: adding static routes
To: None <>
From: Henry Nelson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/07/2001 09:11:18
> What's the approved location for adding static routes to startup for
> NetBSD-1.5?
> It should happen before ntpd in one case I'm using - is it acceptable
> ok to add site-local executables to /etc/rc.d?

Sorry for jumping on the band wagon, but in /etc/rc I put:
     if [ -f /etc/addstaticroutes ]; then
and /etc/addstaticroutes looks like:
     route add -net -netmask
     route add -net 163.51.xxz.0 -netmask

While it works like a charm, I get the following error message if I look
at dmesg.  Why do I get this error, and how can I stop it?
     /etc/rc: /etc/addstaticroutes: permission denied

henry nelson