Subject: Re: /etc/passwd
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2001 17:02:41
On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 09:33:12PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > ingres
>
> I am not sure about ingres. I think it has something to do with tunneling
> or gif.

Ingres is a database package, which I believe postgres sprang
from. Nothing in the tree uses the ingres user or group, so they were
removed recently in -current, and the only package which used either
of these - postgres (it used the ingres group but its own user) will
create the group if it needs it.

> > falken
>
> I don't think falken is used. If I remember correctly Falken is person
> from the movie "War Games" ... that's what it looks like from looking at
> the passwd entry.

This user is totally superfluous, and I've removed it in -current as well.