Subject: Re: Compaq Presario 2210/Cyrix MediaGX GXI-180BP
To: Henry Nelson <>
From: MINOURA Makoto <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/28/2001 10:55:32

|> In <>
|> Henry = Henry Nelson <> wrote:
Henry> Does anyone have comments on the suitability of and/or success stories
Henry> about installing NetBSD on a Compaq Presario 2210, or like machine?
Henry> The Cyrix (now NSC) MediaGX cpus have lots of video/audio features
Henry> built in that I wonder if NetBSD will take advantage of them.  Thought
Henry> I might use this machine to get my feet wet on using X windows, so
Henry> I'd like to hear about X servers working, too.  Thanks.

I'm using NetBSD-current (1.5R) on my Cassiopeia FIVA 101 (*1),
whose CPU is MediaGX with the companion chip 5520.
I think this is the same configuration as Presario 2200.

About the built-in video (XpressGraphic), XFree86 3.3.6
cyrix driver (XF86_SVGA) has a bug in BitBLT.  Use 3.3.2,
or, apply the patch to disable the BitBLT acceleration (*2).

Other tips to use NetBSD on FIVA 101 can be found at my site
(*3), if you can read Japanese :).