Subject: Re: Small, cheap systems...
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: Emre Yildirim <emre.yildirim@us.army.mil>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/25/2001 12:54:36
On Sunday 25 February 2001 12:31 US Central Time,
wojtek@wojtek.from.pl wrote:

> > > it has serial built in and optional ethernet.
> > >
> > > BTW. how much does new dreamcast cost?
> >
> > Here in the US it costs USD$99.95 (ever since Sega slashed prices
> > in
>
> CHEAP!!!
>
> so some questions:
>
> 1) what resolution/calor depth is it's gfx hardware capable of?

	"Peak graphics performance of over three million polygons per second
	provided by the PowerVR 2DC graphics engine for the fastest, most
 	sophisticated 3D graphics ever seen on a videogame console.
	128-bit 3D processing power provides amazing lighting and other
	special effects."

That's from their website.

> 2) it it's non-standard optical disk reader (1GB GDROM) able to
> read normal CD-R's

Yes because, IIRC you can listen to audio CDs on the dreamcast.

> 3) how much does ethernet module cost?

I don't know, they don't advertize it on the site.

> 4) does it have any keyboard or is capable of using normal one?

Probably.  Check their site (www.sega.com) they have a fairly good
amount of information there.