Subject: Emacs, psgml, fonts 'n stuff
To: None <>
From: Bob Bernstein <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2001 19:57:17
I am trying to reproduce an emacs/psgml setup I have used on another, to be
named later, operating system to produce DocBook stuff. This is current i386
with emacs 20.7 from ports, and psgml 1.2.2 installed from its source

I am mostly there, with these exceptions:

1) Are not saved parsed DTDs (those *.ced files) supposed to be autoloaded
when their respective .sgml files are loaded into the editor? It seems now
that they are not being loaded until, say, I ask psgml for some markup.

2) I cannot get colorized font-lock-mode in sgml files. I have my usual

(global-font-lock t)

in ~/.emacs, and it behaves nicely in other files, say .emacs itself. I've
even tried adding

(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)

to no avail. Setting

(setq set-sgml-face t)

works but only provides bold for tags (boring).

Caveat: For all I know at this stage of the game these are emacs/psgml
specific problems and so this question is really OT; otoh I have experienced
these behaviours only when using those two programs in NetBSD, so maybe not
so OT?

Bob Bernstein
Esmond, R.I., USA