Subject: Re: dump - still have a problem
To: None <>
From: Bernd Sieker <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2001 16:31:12
On 24.02.01, 15:11:40, wrote:
> i may try. but the problem is that dump STOPS backing up after 93% done
> and only doing lots of disk access. i've waited above 1 hour and didn't
> end

I remember having had that problem, too, if only I could remember what
had caused it and how I got rid of it.

I cannot re-create it since I have long ago re-partitioned everything
and I don't have that problem anymore. But I think it must be some bug
in dump, causing it to loop somewhere. I had that on much smaller
filesystems, too. Other than this dump-oddity there seemed nothing
else wrong with that filesystem; even unmounting it and fsck -f did
not reveal any problems.

Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: I Wanna Be Sedated
		-- Curt Sampson