Subject: Re: Hope for winmodem support?
To: None <>
From: Kenny Drobnack <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/24/2001 00:10:40
This may be a stupid question - but maybe not.  Does NetBSD have some kind
of loadable kernel modules?  If so, couldn't you port the GPL'ed WinModem
drive to be a kernel module, and eventually rewrite it under the BSD
license later?

> On 14.02.01, 10:12:44, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> > On slashdot, they say "IBM Releases GPLd WinModem Support For Linux"
> > <>. Is there any
> > chance that this might be able to be migrated to NetBSD? There is
> Probably not, _because_ it is GPL, and we do not want our kernel to
> become infected by this virulent licence.
> > certainly interest from users....
> >
> --
> Bernd Sieker
> NetBSD - the devil finds work for idle cycles.
> 		-- Julian Assange

In computer terms, hardware is the stuff you can hit with a baseball bat,
and software is the stuff you can only swear at.
   -from a web page explaining what hardware, software, and firmware are