Subject: Re: resolver problems in emul-linux?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Fuerth <fuerth@sqlpower.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/20/2001 17:02:58
On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 09:33:55PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > Perhaps the 60-second delay is due to rdns problems in the linux
> > resolver..
> >
> 	Possible - can you tcpdump the traffic between your box and the
> 	remote system. Maybe run named in debug mode and/or have it on
> 	a remote box so you can see the traffic there too.

Yeah, I can.  Since the delay even happens when connecting to
localhost, I can just tcpdump the loopback interface.  Good idea.

> > What I'm really interested in knowing is how I can get a suite of
> > network testing binaries that work with the suse_linux-6.4 packages.
>
> 	Does ping etc from the suse base sets work?

Well that's just the thing: locate ping | grep linux returns nothing
on my system.  I installed all (binary) packages matching the pattern
suse*6.4.tgz as of early february..

I'll post a summary of my findings from tcpdump (tomorrow)

Thanks.

Jonathan Fuerth