Subject: Re: ADSL USB support
To: Jorgen Lundman <lundman@lundman.net>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/2001 14:59:27
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Jorgen Lundman wrote:

> Aha, loadable firmware, that does make sense watching it boot :)
>
> I wonder if there is a tcpdump a-like program on Windows, for USB, so I
> could capture the session to work out commands et al, then replicate it
> on BSD :)

http://www.jps.net/~koma/

There are some scripts to tidy the output at:

http://www.aracnet.com/~seagull/NJB/tools/index.html

You may also want to study the .INF files under windows to see how it
attaches it's self, intel do a tool thats the equiv. of netbsd's 'usbdevs' and
'usbgen' (i.e. it can lists the endpoints, configureations, and interfaces
etc).

> ..or I could wait for Linux drivers.
>
> but it would be a neat little pet project.

Indeed...

--
     "The aurochs was the great, black bull that was painted on cave
walls  alongside bison and mammoths  by tacky prehistoric minimalist