Subject: Re: Fileserver
To: Andrzej Szeszo <un-j@bianet.com.pl>
From: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/2001 15:17:02

> rock: {3} ccdconfig -g
> ccd0            32      0       /dev/wd0e /dev/wd1e
> rock: {4} mount
> /dev/wd0a on / type ffs (local)
> /dev/ccd0e on /var type lfs (local)
> /dev/ccd0g on /usr type lfs (local)
> /dev/ccd0f on /tmp type lfs (local)
> /dev/ccd0h on /home type lfs (NFS exported, local)
> kernfs on /kern type kernfs (local)
>
> I'm using ccd interleave setting 32. What settings do you people use?
use larger. interleave should be small if you want to get fast transfer
speed on linear access, but large so average access will hit only one
drive, allowing others head to go somewhere else the same time.

try using mfs for /tmp and.... does so many partition make sense?

BTW. does anyone use lfs as root? i had a wtmp problems and others - no
one responded to my posts about it