Subject: ADSL USB support
To: <>
From: Jorgen Lundman <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/2001 14:00:17
Probably yet another FAQ but hey :)

I have ADSL USB at home, Alcatel to be exact. I will play with NetBSD
and it over the weekend but thought I'd check to see if anyone had any

Kinda hoping it will be picked up as a General USB modem? Unrealistic?
PPPoE already exists on nbsd I believe (even if only a userland pppd).

But Alcatel are supposed to be doing Linux drivers soon, perhaps it's
worth waiting for that.

Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <>
Technology Manager, Unix Administrator
Phone: +44 (020)8659-1860  Mobile: (07958)642-918
"Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others
 without putting his thumb on the scales": Byron J. Langenfeld