Subject: Re: Trouble configuring wsmouse
To: Frederick Bruckman , Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: TODD WITTER <witter@wpr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2001 11:22:44
Thank you!  I will do that when I get home.  So, since in winders
the mouse was on COM1, it would be /dev/tty00, right?  I do know
that in linux it was /dev/ttyS0.  (That, too, spit out a bunch of
errors.)  Thanks, again for the help.

On 10 Feb 01, at 11:14, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, TODD WITTER wrote:
>
> > So, what should I be doing with my mouse information?
> > Do I need to configure wscons to designate my mouse as
> > /dev/wsmouse0 or 1 or... well, I just don't know what I should be
> > doing at the moment.
>
> Wscons doesn't adopt the serial mice. For "Device", you give it the device
> of the serial port. Something like...
>
> Section "Pointer"
>    Protocol    "Microsoft"
>    Device      "/dev/tty00"
>

> Frederick

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists?
In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
-- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

Todd Witter
witter@wpr.org
tfwitter@facstaff.wisc.edu