Subject: Trouble configuring wsmouse
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: TODD WITTER <witter@wpr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2001 11:04:41
Hi, I just finished witha fresh install of NetBSD 1.5 and don't have a
working serial mouse.
It's a basic 2-button serial mouse and, when I configure X,  the
PROTOCOL is set to "wsmouse" and the device "/dev/wsmouse".
X starts up just fine that way but my pointer won't move from the
center.  No response at all.
When I change the device to "/dev/wsmouse0" or "/dev/wsmouse1"
or "/dev/wsmouse2", X coughs and spits and gags on it and shows
an error coming from my mouse configuration.
So, what should I be doing with my mouse information?
Do I need to configure wscons to designate my mouse as
/dev/wsmouse0 or 1 or... well, I just don't know what I should be
doing at the moment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Todd Witter

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists?
In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
-- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

Todd Witter
witter@wpr.org
tfwitter@facstaff.wisc.edu