Subject: Re: Postfix
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ari Gordon-Schlosberg <regs@nebcorp.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/08/2001 10:26:47
[Simon Raahauge DeSantis <xiamin@ghostpriest.rakis.net>]
> I'm thinking of switching to postfix, from sendmail, for the ease of
> configurability and so on. I'm assuming I need postfix=YES in my rc.conf.
> What needs to be set in /etc/mailer.conf though? Ie, which parts of
> mailer.conf need to be changed from the real sendmail to postfix, if any?

In vi, type this in at the colon prompt:

%s/\/sendmail\//\/postfix\//g

In other words, anywhere sendmail is a path element and not a filename,
change it to postfix.  For further enlightenment, take a look at
/usr/libexec/sendmail.

pandora|10:22am|~> cd /usr/libexec/postfix/
pandora|10:22am|/usr/libexec/postfix> ls
bounce          local           pipe            showq
trivial-rewrite
cleanup         master          qmgr            smtp
error           pickup          sendmail        smtpd
pandora|10:22am|/usr/libexec/postfix> cd /usr/libexec/sendmail/
pandora|10:22am|/usr/libexec/sendmail> ls
sendmail

pandora|10:22am|/usr/libexec/sendmail> cat /etc/mailer.conf
#       $NetBSD: mailer.conf,v 1.2.10.1 2000/07/26 17:17:14 itojun Exp $
#
# Execute the "real" sendmail program, named /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
#
sendmail        /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
send-mail       /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
mailq           /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
newaliases      /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
hoststat        /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
purgestat       /usr/libexec/postfix/sendmail
--
Ari							there is no spoon
http://www.nebcorp.com/~regs/pgp for PGP public key