Subject: Re: lfs stability
To: None <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/07/2001 21:37:52
On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 10:34:29PM +0100, wrote:
> i'm now experimenting (or in fact doing normal work) on lfs filesystem but
> it's written it's not stable.
> how stable it is?

I use it on my devel machine for some time. It's quite sable in normal
use but once corrupted you can't always recover. For example, an unclean
shutdown may lead to a filesystem that you can't mount R/W without panic
and that fsck_lfs didn't fix in my case.
I know some work has been done in this area, it may be better now.

> speed is excellent !!! both with small files and large files

Sure !

Manuel Bouyer <>