Subject: Re: Raid out of space?
To: <>
From: Jorgen Lundman <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/06/2001 19:36:27 wrote:
> > > no but it's big inconsistency and problem to start raid partition from
> > > offset 0 as raid disklabels could overwrite disk's disklabels.
> >
> > Starting a RAID partition from offset 0 is fine*.  The component labels
> > are stored where they won't stomp on a disklabel, even if the RAID partition
> > starts at 0.
> i read something else somewhere but can't remember where :(

I know ccd has that restriction. Pleased to hear I dont need to redo my
raid :)

Cheers guys, I'll stick fsck in the mount scripts :)

Jorgen "Lord" Lundman <>
Technology Manager, Unix Administrator
Phone: +44 (020)8659-1860  Mobile: (07958)642-918
"Rare is the person who can weigh the faults of others
 without putting his thumb on the scales": Byron J. Langenfeld