Subject: Re: BIND 8.2.3
To: None <>
From: Bernd Sieker <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/31/2001 23:10:56
On 31.01.01, 14:46:38, Erik Huizing wrote:
> Is there an easy way to get BIND 8.2.3 and just drop it into /usr/sbin?
> The newspage on the netbsd site says 8.2.3 has been upgraded on the
> netbsd-1-4 branch, but when I downloaded the 1.4.2 base.tgz file, the
> version of bind included is older than 8.2.3.

The easiest way is to install it using pkgsrc and then change the
/etc/rc.d/named script to use /usr/pkg/sbin/named instead of

Might not be the nicest solution but worked for me. Don't worry too
much about losing that change when upgrading the system. In that case
you will most likely install a new version of named anyway.

> // Erik Huizing
> //

Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: The Final Frontier