Subject: Re: C programing
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/28/2001 17:46:38
> > Other languages that you might find easier to learn, if you are new to
> > programming, include Scheme (we have a nice DrScheme package that I like
> > and can recommend) or Python (also available as a NetBSD package).
> don't think it's easier - it looks easier but C is easy in fact.

``It'' being Scheme, or Python?

I guess that I may be guilty in part of extrapolating from when and how I
learned C.  Without ANSI type-checking and without memory-protection, a
subtle error can have disasterous consequences.  But I still think that
the other languages should be better/easier for first languages.

Of course, you only get to learn a first language once, so perspective is
hard to maintain. (^&

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu