Subject: Re: fetch in pkgsrc
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/26/2001 13:27:05
Mutt made me believe that Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> how to change command used do download url?

If you're talking about pkgsrc, add
	FETCH_CMD=	/usr/pkg/bin/wget
to your /etc/mk.conf

> i would like to use wget because it supports proxy (http or ftp over
> http) and i have more reliable and much faster transfer through some
> proxy than raw.

ftp does support proxying, and has for a long time (at least 1.4.2,
where I can find mention of it in the man pages).
Just set ftp_proxy or http_proxy (man ftp).

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
To live for some future goal is shallow. It's the sides of the mountain