Subject: Re: Tracking -current
To: Rakhesh Sasidharan <>
From: Reed Shadgett <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/26/2001 06:02:40
On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 05:15:33PM +0530, Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:

> Hmmm, I went thru the NetBSD tracking -current docs now, and I it says I
> need to download the stuff in the first link

You need the NetBSD-current sources if you want to build -current.
These are available from sup, ftp, anoncvs, etc.  I'd probably suggest
anoncvs.  There's instructions for that available at:

> and also the stuff in

Installing a snapshot of NetBSD-current beforehand would definitely make
it easier for you.  You may wish to find a newer snapshot though. :)

I think there was a URI for a newer snapshot in the thread you got these
Plat'Home links from.

> Would it be OK if I
> download the plathome link 2 instead of the netbsd link ?

That's a snapshot of NetBSD-release-1-5, not NetBSD-current.  See:

for more on the terminology being used and graphs on how the release
branches work.

That said, yes, you can definitely install that snapshot, but then
you would be building -current on pretty much a 1.5 box (I'm not sure
how difficult that would be, I've been running -current only, sans
production machines, for a long time).

Reed <>