Subject: Re: install 1.5
To: None <jchacon@genuity.net>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/25/2001 23:24:53
jchacon@genuity.net said:

>Yes, but unfortunately that machine is off right now so the 3/60 can use
>the disk (a lot better machine if you're comparing sun3's).
>
>Basically I did a boot net from an untarred image of base/etc/kernel.
>
>Then disklabel/newfs'd the disk, untarred the sets, added boot blocks and
>rebooted. Worked ok. I never took the effort on the sun3 to run through
>the installer.

Well, I've installed 1.5 on a Sun 3/50.

If I do a "mount -a -t nonfs" and then switch to /var, I find that most
of the directories there are garbage, they seem to have been created as
device files (either character or block), and I can't remove them.

Something is horribly wrong.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com