Subject: Re: NetBSD-current?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Rakhesh Sasidharan <rakhesh@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/25/2001 22:27:31
> The easiest thing to do is to install a snapshot.  This is -current
> compiled up into a release.  I know that the snapshots on ftp.netbsd.org
> are quite old, though, but someone did respond to this thread before with
> a spot where some more recent snapshots could be found.

I checked by that link just now.  It was the following mail:
--------------
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
Subject: Re: NetBSD-current? Where?

[snip]

as for more recent snapshots, i've got a few that you can get to at

   ftp://ebola.usanetworks.com/pub/

which are (a) for i386 only and (b) don't include source.  you can
easily get the source, though, by checking out a tree from the anoncvs
server with the same date as the snapshot.
--------------

I checked up that link just now, and it wasn't working.  I found another
mail, though, and it gave a link to an ftp site containing -current, but
said that it had KAME stuff in it.  I don't have network access on the
machine that I plan to install this ... having KAME in it won't be a
problem as such, I hope ?

BTW, in case I were to download the files using the above mentioned link
(the one posted by Andrew), then would I need to get the sources
separately ?  And even if I have to, then I don't have cvs access -- is
there any other way to download the sources on one machine (tarballs or
something), so that I can move them to the NetBSD machine.

> It's pretty easy until you hit a problem ;-)  People are generally very
> helpful with questions, just make sure you check the FAQs and try
> everything there first.  After all, if you're tracking -current, you're a
> tester for the latest code release.  And more testers is generally a good
> thing (tm).

:-)

> Hope this helps,

Yes it has.  Thank you. :)