Subject: Re: Trouble with rc.local
To: None <martin@duskware.de>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/22/2001 17:41:55
> The idea is to have /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d contain templates that you can just
> drop into /etc/rc.d to enable that daemon if you like. Not everyone building
> and installing a pkg may want to run it (on the build machine).

Though you possibly know..., but a '/etc/rc.d/foo' scripts is run when
'/etc/rc.conf' includes 'foo=YES' (assuming the script is written
properly). Then just putting it under '/etc/rc.d' doesn't mean it
installed and run automatically at start up.

It seems to me that having an interface for start up script is not so
bad idea.

Masao

---
Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>