Subject: Re: Video card recommendations
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/10/2001 22:24:08
On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 04:26:21PM -0500, Steven Grunza wrote:

> The current top contender is SIS Chipset6326 8MB PCI VGA.  Anyone have
> any experience with it?

yes.  my luck has not been good.  Perhaps the support has gotten better
in XFree 4.x.x, but under 3.3.2 I had some pretty bad problems with
noise, and the card I had (generic $20 card) didn't have enough
bandwidth to handle 1152x900@80Hz 16bpp, and that's when I decided to
take it back.

I would try to find an old S3 or matrox before buying a new 6326.

  "Being wet and standing in a salted bath while rinsing the inside of
   your hairdryer with a silver spoon is a very stupid thing to do."
      -- Dave Krooshof