Subject: bandwidth shaping
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Yubyub bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/09/2001 21:04:06
I am in need of a way to _introduce_ delays in a network.  Basically, we
have to test a few different protocols and how they react to added
latencies at high bandwidth.

Every piece of networking knowledge that I know of relates somehow to
decreasing latency and delays.  Is there a piece of functionality in
NetBSD (such as a traffic shaper) that will allow me to introduce a delay
while maintaining a high bandwidth?  Possibly with adjustable bandwidth
(so I could, say, emulate an international E1 or such)?

Thanks for all.

--
Yubyub Bird
 "The opinions expressed are not necesarily opinions."