Subject: Re: Is it safe to experiment with multiple X systems?
To: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/05/2001 08:18:18
On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> At 6:30 PM -0600 1/4/01, Richard Rauch wrote:
> >Your subject-line, contrasted with your actual message, suggests to me a
> >possible point of confusion:
>
> It was a badly-worded subject line; I do actually (kinda) understand

Ah, well I wasn't sure.  I figured it was better to risk beating a dead
horse than to leave a possible confusion lying around.

> what they do. But, having said that, your description of the
> hierarchy is excellent and is much clearer than any I have read. It
> is possibly good fodder for use as an intro to the NetBSD X Window
> FAQ.

Thanks.  (^&  Federico Lupi suggested including it in his NetBSD Guide.
Hopefully, my description will benefit some people that way.

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu