Subject: Re: Share swap partition between NetBSD & Linux?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/04/2001 10:22:59
On 04.01.01, 02:57:06, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> Is there any way to make NetBSD use a Linux swap partition, or make Linux use a
> NetBSD swap partition?  I am mainly interested in i386, though this question
> might be relevant to other platforms too.  Linux swap partition is type 82
> (hexadecimal).

Can't see why not. Make a normal linux swap partition and enter its
size and beginning manually into NetBSD's disklabel for the 'b'
partition.

NetBSD doesn't really care if the partitions in the disklabel are
inside NetBSD's 'DOS' partition. The only time it needs the DOS
partition table is during boot, to find its own disklabel.

If the Linux swap partition is a primary partition, you can read its
values from within NetBSD with the fdisk command.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD:  Flying into the heart of the Sun.  And the i386, and alpha,
         and mac, and powerpc, and...
		-- Greywolf