Subject: FTP-install using PPP 56K connection?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 01/04/2001 02:57:10
Is there any way to FTP-install NetBSD using a 56K modem connection?  I guess it
would first be necessary to download the generic or installation kernel, and
some other stuff to enable the Internet access, but what?  This might not be
i386-specific, but trying to DOSBOOT the generic kernel, too big for 1.44 MB
diskette, is i386-specific.  I have Texel, now Plextor, 2X CD-ROM on Trantor
T130B SCSI, apparently not supported by installation kernel, and precious little
DOS-compatible (FAT16) hard disk space, except for external Iomega Zip 250 which
is on the same SCSI.

Can NetBSD read Linux file system (ext2fs) from installation or generic kernel?