Subject: Re: SETUIDSCRIPTS problem...
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/28/2000 17:48:12
On 28 Dec 2000, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

: This is not documented anywhere other than in the source, but then I
: don't recall having documented SETUIDSCRIPTS and FDSCRIPTS, either.

er, ahem... I documented them in options.4 some time ago.  8-)

: (These days, 'sh' is pretty much standardized by POSIX and perhaps
: other standards, but alas not every system's /bin/sh is that standard
: shell.  On some, e.g. solaris, it's ksh.  on others, who knows.  8-)

Solaris has their `standards-compliant' Bourne shell in /usr/xpg4/bin/sh,
and a mostly-compliant ksh in [/usr]/bin/ksh.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/