Subject: uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/26/2000 23:18:53
When I turn on my Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart 215 camera when it is
connected to my NetBSD 1.5_BETA computer via USB, I receive messages like:

Dec 26 23:01:21 rainier /netbsd: uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
Dec 26 23:01:32 rainier /netbsd: uhub0: port error, restarting port 1
Dec 26 23:01:41 rainier /netbsd: uhub0: port error, restarting port 1
Dec 26 23:01:48 rainier /netbsd: uhub0: device problem, disabling port 1
Dec 26 23:01:58 rainier /netbsd: uhub0: port error, restarting port 1
Dec 26 23:01:58 rainier /netbsd: uhub0: port error, giving up port 1

Can anyone explain what this can mean? (Or point me to some
documentation?)

Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?

And on a related note, any webpages I should visit or documentation I
should read to learn more about USB?

(The camera works via USB under Windows 98. But all the software I have
tried lacks the flexibility and ease-of-use for retrieving the images AND
saving them appropriately; if I can get this to work, this may be a good
chance for my wife to use NetBSD more!)

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/