Subject: OpenBSD or NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Reef <jimreef@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/20/2000 22:26:43
Hi,

I'm trying to decide wether to go with OpenBSD or NetBSD for
http/firewall/mail/backup etc. serving.  I know that OpenBSD split from
NetBSD so the two operating systems are very similar.  However, without
starting a holy war, I would like to know how the two compare in (i386):

- performance (speed?)
- network performance (faster/more advanced network stack?)
- security (bugs, exploits etc)
- stability & reliability (crashes, bugs etc)
- functionality (network protocols supported etc)

I've been to both websites and I looked around a little bit.  It would be
nice to hear from users who have used both operating systems. Please e-mail
me private, as I don't want to start a flame war on this list.  Thanks for
any help.

Regards