Subject: Re: Playing video (MPEG, AVI, QT)
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/18/2000 14:32:39
On Mon, 18 Dec 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Hum, I think there are mpeg_play and xanim that can do it, at last with some
> type of encodings.
> Do we still have a mtv package ? This one should be able to play mpeg2 with
> audio.

"mtv" doesn't work --there's a problem with the linux threads
emulation. Same for realplayer. Plus, they would both only work on
i386 anyway. You can call "mtvp" directly to play the video part only,
but that's about the same as mpeg_play, except you have no controls.

"xanim" play quicktime, but again, no audio.

Frederick