Subject: What 802.11 wireless gear do you recommend?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/13/2000 18:12:06
Hi folks,

I'm planning to buy some (11Mbit) 802.11 wireless gear in the near
future.

I'd like something like card(s) for laptop(s), etc., plus preferably a
base station type thing so I don't need to actually worry about
attaching the card to a PC and making sure that that works reliably.
I.e. management via not-unix.  8-)

Anybody got any recommendations, comments, interoperability issues
(esp. with what is or is not known to work with NetBSD) etc.?

From the looks of it, the 3com base station thing supports sane UNIX
configuration (i.e., http, telnet), at least...

Please reply to me, and i'll summarize to the lists.

chris