Subject: Re: Are there any PPP gotchas with 1.5
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/10/2000 09:09:16
Thanks Manuel,

I wanted to remove 1.5 PPP from the suspect list, and your
datapoint supports this.  I can sometimes get this connection to
authenticate - the negotiation proceeds to varying degrees around the
fcs errors. The whole thing looks like a hardware/noise issue, with
the exception of the apparently clean terminal/login session. It may
be time to start working through some hardware replacements on the
premise that this is an esoteric hardware issue.

Rex

--
Rex McMaster