Subject: Re: epson usb printer
To: justin <justin@bbnow.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/03/2000 21:17:02
On Sun, Dec 03, 2000 at 04:04:03PM +0000, justin wrote:
> I just recently purchased an Epson Stylus 777 and wish to get it running
> with NetBSD 1.4.2. I have not set up a printer in *BSD. before. I have
> been reading the printing documentation from the NetBSD Guide but have
> had no success. At this point I am just need to get text printing to
> work. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> dmesg output:
> ulpt0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
> ulpt0: EPSON USB Printer, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2, iclass 7/1
>
> The following seems to get the printer 'moving' but no text ever prints.
>
> #lptest > /dev/ulpt0

Many modern printers don't accept straight text input. I don't know the
details about this one specifically, but your description sounds like
it could fall into that category.

The Site that has grown out of the Linux Printing HOWTO, has some useful
databases and pointers on this, and other possible winprinters.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=464242

I haven't used the 'stp' printing tool recommended there, but it may
be what you need.

All this stuff in twice the space would only look half as bad!
					      - me