Subject: Re: libc functions missing in NetBSD
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <p99dreyf@criens.u-psud.fr>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2000 13:58:16
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:

: iswspace, towupper, stricmp, strncmp.
:
: As I understood, stricmp and strncmp map to strcasecmp and strncasecmp
: on the BSD side. Right?

I presume the last one was supposed to be "strnicmp"?  "strncmp" is a
standard case-sensitive function.  If it was a typo ("strnicmp"), yes, it
maps to strncasecmp.

(IMHO, we should probably alias str{,n}casecmp to str{,n}icmp bracketed by
_XOPEN_SOURCE protection....)

: iswspace and towupper are isspace and toupper, but with 2 bytes long
: characters and locale support. Is this available for NetBSD, even
: outside libc?

libc doesn't have any "real" wide-character support yet.  We're hoping to
get some better support integrated in the near future, possibly for
1.6.  There are third party extensions, but I can't think of them off the
top of my head....

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/