Subject: Re: statistics on retransmitted packets
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2000 10:45:18
On 15 Nov 2000, at 18:20, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> The LanCity gear seems to have different responses to
> heavy loads and it doesn't seem to suffer loss as much as just slow
> down.

Hi,

my provider uses the LanCity too. Currently there are about 50%
package loss connecting to hosts outside the providers network.
That should be another problem, as it seems the loss starts at the
gateway to the local internet exchange point.

For some reason telnet is suffering even to hosts at the same
subnet, so I use a standard modem connection instead of the
"broadband" connection.

The company is UPC/Chello/Telekabel here in Austria. It seems they
have samiliar problems everywhere in the world they are doing
business, I just did not know that so many "broadband" providers
have the same problems (there is a second "broadband" provider
here in Austria that is not much better)

mike