Subject: Re:Japanese
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2000 11:25:16
> so I can only test Wnn4/uum on kterm. At least I can input
> Japanese character to nvi-iso-2022-jp via uum on kterm.

Thank you.  Yes, it seems that everyone has good luck using uum or
canuum in X Windows environment.

> lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl
          ^^^^^^  [...]
> cchars: discard = ^O; dsusp = ^Y; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks for sending the stty -a output.  In order to even start conversion,
I have to change "discard = ^O" to "discard = <undef>".  Once in conversion
mode, it will not work as expected unless the setting at the shell that
I start canuum is "-icanon".  Of course then I can't use control characters
like ^?, ^H, ^U at the shell command line.  I also get double echoing of
input in the canuum shell.  (on an NEC PC98 console)

[Any stty guru listening in who has some ideas or hints?]

> If you really need my dotfiles, I will send them to you via > private email.

Thanks very much for the offer, but since you use X, it would not help me.
But, please ask anyone you may know to contact me if they use uum|canuum|sj3
in pure _text_ environment.

henry