Subject: Re: Japanese
To: None <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
From: Tatoku Ogaito <tacha@trap.fukui-med.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/11/2000 11:33:05
 Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net> wrote:

 > I'm having trouble getting kterm to input or even display japanese
 > characters.  Using the package system, I've installed cannaserver,
 > kinput2, and kterm, and "kinput2 -canna" runs without complaint, but
 > when I try "kterm -km euc" or "kterm -km sjis", I receive the
 > following error message:
 >
 > > kterm -km sjis
 > Couldn't set locale:
 > ja_JP.eucJP,ja_JP.ujis,ja_JP.EUC,japanese.euc,Japanese-EUC,ja,japan

It's just warning. Since your X libs are not compiled with -DX_LOCALE,
kterm cannot set neither of "Japanese locale".  But kterm can display
Japanese character without Japanese locale support, so you can safely
ignore that warning.  Are you sure the codeset of the text is the same
for the codeset of kterm ?

Tacha