Subject: Re: Re:Japanese
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/10/2000 10:35:31
I'm having trouble getting kterm to input or even display japanese
characters.  Using the package system, I've installed cannaserver,
kinput2, and kterm, and "kinput2 -canna" runs without complaint, but
when I try "kterm -km euc" or "kterm -km sjis", I receive the
following error message:

> kterm -km sjis
Couldn't set locale:
ja_JP.eucJP,ja_JP.ujis,ja_JP.EUC,japanese.euc,Japanese-EUC,ja,japan

I there something simple that I've overlooked?

Thanks for any help or information.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net